** "Offbeat hilarious!" ** "RA tingles & laughs" ** "True to the characters! " ** "The fiction is great. Keep it up!" **

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Drops Wet Gorgeous

A few days ago Timelord sent me a message on my mobile phone. Funny, I don´t know a Timelord. The text read: ´Don't drink the water, don't even touch it, not one drop´. In a corny mood I texted back: ´Drops Wet Gorgeous!´. Got no reply yet.

I will try to recall what happened after I knocked at the convent gate for a refreshment. You know they have this current offer: 4 hours waterboarding, for only 20 euro? Didn´t know what to expect, but I could use a bit of freshen up. And then it became a blur.

´Watching paint dry, is boring. This will hypnotize you´, said a man in his mid-fourties with arms thick as chain-cables.
This wasn´t my idea of a convent. I felt a mean, thick needle going into the skin of my arm and soon after that, I dozed off.
Woke up after some time and got slapped in the face. I couldn´t move, was restrained by a frayed rope.
´Where´s the Beemie report?´
´Beam me up? I don´t know´, I said confused.
This time I was hit hard in the face. Tasted blood in my mouth.

My eyes, one getting swollen, couldn´t really adjust to the dim light. Heard the brute walking out of the room, a basement or whatever it was. A rather loom surrounding.

´If I can do it, you can do it too´, hissed some man from the other side of the room. Someone else there was also tied up.
Felt a crust of blood drying up under my right eye.
´I need a doctor. Who are you?´, I hissed back.
´You´re quick´, he quipped.
A remark I didn´t understand.

´Get me my digital cinema HD-camera that does more than 1.000 frames a second´, roared the giant to someone in the hallway who I couldn´t see. By that time my right eye felt terribly swollen.

Then I guess I had a psychedelic experience. I recall watching and hearing water.. drops....fall... ve....ry.... slow...ly... saw... them.... fal...ling... ree..aal.. sl...oo..ow...

´Do you keep up with the jest zest? You get waterboarded, sis!´
Gulp! Got a bucket of water splashed in my face. I hate that!
Then, lying down, with cloth over my face, I had to struggle with many buckets more.

Eventually I got out of there, thanks to the witty stranger, with something he called the Sonic Screwdriver. Oh, and I tripped over waterbottles all over the floor, labelled ´The Waters of Mars´. 

Sources:
http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/downloads/192-sbdownloads.html nailing a spoiler

3 comments:

Violet said...

In Holland we have to do it with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb4evU8UkWY&feature=related to watch. It´s very effective and it´s advertised in tv-magazines etc. I know what I prefer to see.

The BBC Dr. Who trailer of ´The Waters Of Mars´is one of the best trailers I´ve seen in ages. Didn´t see the episode. Remembered the sound of waterdrops falling at the begin and end of it, and that there was a quote.

Earthling Skully of The Spooks Fan Blog is fan of Dr. Who, or -should I say- fan of RA as Dr. Who. I don´t quite see RA as Dr. Who. Didn´t Dr. Who get younger after each transition?

Just like the word Timelord, if meant as a complimentious nickname.

For the rest, it´s again inspired on Chris Ryan´s Strike Back. No, I haven´t seen the episodes yet or looked at the screencap gallery.

So here you go.

Fanny/iz4blue said...

Lookin' at all the good stuff I've been missing out on! Gotta love that add!!
btw Can't see RA as Dr.Who either.

Violet P said...

Loved readiing this thank you