** "Offbeat hilarious!" ** "RA tingles & laughs" ** "True to the characters! " ** "The fiction is great. Keep it up!" **

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Man TV Is A Beast

´Come on, you know you want to!´
(Oh no, that´s from Spooks)

Man-o-man, I was hiding from the tsunami of hearsay, but it reached the desert. I couldn´t say: ´We´ll abort´, because I was in too deep already. I was kidnapped by foreigners, robbed by a fashionisto, waterboardedly refreshed by conventers, spacetripped by a timelord. THEN, the flying phonebox broke down and we repaired it behind the Moon, and THEN I had 40 days alone in the desert to find my steaming ´Man TV´-hotness. My Kit, my big handbag, was packed with essentials. Sunlotion, lipgloss, mobile, breath mints, teatowel, and 40 bottles of Spa to keep me alive.

Life or death-question, was I, as a frail creature, prepared for Man TV? Let´s work the list and fight the system with a wild card.
  • I was a good mapmaker before ops, a good quoter of old Greek Philosophers, but I stumbled over my feet, was heard by the Kalif and I could persuade my fellow Englishmen to move elsewhere. Oh no, that was ´Lawrence of Arabia´.
  • I had to get on land on D-day as one of my ops, ran across the beach shooting, and had the hardest day of my life. Oh no, that was ´The Longest Day´.
  • I wore no helmets during ops in the field and in the sack, again, there was a sea. Oh no, that was ´Navy Seals´.
  • I worked in ops, was arrested for the death of 9 privats, was innocent and yet, turned out to be a killing machine. Oh no, that was ´High Crimes´.
What did I get in return? My Wild Card didn´t play poker, but he could fight the system heads up with Rorschach cards. It was a refreshingly nice paced, mild distRAction with male action, female rescue ops, and indepth and realistic soldier stories. Remember, I read the book beforehand. I saw all episodes in one go and don´t want to review it, just yet. Now, if you would, Wild Card...
Will he SAVE us from bad tv?
Well, he sure gives good tv with BAD looks!
´The man is a BEAST, make him do it again!´
(Oh no, that´s from Spartacus, Blood and Sand)
Hold that THOUGHT...
Sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-MlVm9FzM4 Navy Seals trailer (1990). No helmets needed for ops (!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDF0at7sC0M Lawrence of Arabia trailer (1962). Watch the shirt tearing scene. Tattoo-oo-oo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqFn_pM5QxU The Longest Day () trailer. Shows both sides of the coin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUySi79CmG0 High Crimes trailer (2002). Fight the system with a wild card
http://allthingsrarmitage.blogspot.com/2010/06/top-7-tips-for-looking-feeling-great.html Inspirations to put in my bag

Screencaps:
RichardArmitageNet, RichardArmitageCentral, The Framework Blog

No comments: