** "Offbeat hilarious!" ** "RA tingles & laughs" ** "True to the characters! " ** "The fiction is great. Keep it up!" **

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So Why ´re You Here?

She: "I don´t need you." His reply: "So why ´re you here?" (Spooks ep. 9.2)

Because I'm not writing the scripts? I should have mentioned this above scene in Spooks in comparison with the scene in Moving On when I was reviewing Spooks series 9.

She: "I wanted to see if I still feel anything."  His reply: "And, do you?" Silence... (Moving On)

AND NO-ONE MENTIONS THIS SCENE COMPARISON ON THEIR BLOGS???
(Sorry, this post is full of tree branch jumping,
caused by lack of oxygen in my brain, due to breathless moments)

Writing is not always easy. Especially for paid writers who have a tv series to write within months and seek approval for it... So when these writers do character/story research based on the actor's previous works - in this case I can conclude this, because watching RA's diverse back catalogue was *gasps* - I don't mind.
This scene I selected here in Spooks feels like this scene in Moving On, but it was put in a different place in the storyline, which made all the difference. In Moving On it was at or just after the Second Act Climax, in Spooks more at the beginning, then he calls her, she comes at his house, she has an affair with him, it goes wrong...
If you have something to add on story writing, I´m studying this now.

The reason for above question was a request to join the Fanstrafaganza 3.
It made me think: why do I blog?
Also it was a rhetorical question for myself. These days the awareness to be still alive really kicked in.
I joined in a national joking experience of a viral infection which caused three months of sudden throat clamming moments, which made me see four doctors, but I didn´t see one in a heli.
(Most people around me had this infection too, but their effects lasted only 10 days).

No Golden Hour for me, every time felt like a matter of minutes... so no ambulance, either..
Besides I couldn´t speak, so how was I able to call an ambulance?

Are you ready for a breathless moment? Captain America movie had Mr. A's underwater escape.
Quite.
It was no underwater escape for me.
On another level I am in too deep.
Read that Mr. A prepared himself by taking swimming lessons - 50 strokes
 (vivid detail, keep those coming)
and after one take didn't like to do more,
because he ran out of breath and survival panic kicked in. I sooo know how he must feel.
*takes deep breath*

This scene of Spooks ep. 9.5. got me breathless in not a very nice way.
Can't even show RA's played struggle for life here, being stran*gled with a belt and tied to the trench.
I thought: "No, not the ending of Lucas!" Second time I had to laugh, because the struggle made me uncomfortable. Karma, I had it coming.... so bad...
Love that RA gave his extra 10% input here.  

So why I am here?
When I started this blog I wanted to write about acting and use illustrations of RA.
Breathless moment: doing ´smart´ (Spooks ep. 9.2)

Somebody back then suggested I could write for the Dutch version of this pink financial paper.
(OT: I recently heard "newspapers bring fairytales", used by Moriarty in BBC Sherlock ep. 2.3)

Maybe I am about to write for actors, currently joining a script writing contest, which provokes my quest to finish this historical thriller in my drawer,
thanks to being inspired by following Mr. A in a broader sense.
Not that I was inspired to start writing it, I already had,
but to be thinking about the people/energies/dynamics I would like to have in this story.
(Currently I think it´s BBC3 material).
But I should up my goal (no offence) and give it my extra 10%,
because there have been others (RA minders) with similar quests.
So believe or not I then had this dream where I sat on a black velvet Chesterfield bench at a swank club, waiting, when Mr. Depp (looking like he´s now) came to sit next to me.
He had a book in his hands which looks like the book I´m reading now on story writing.
He said: "Is the story like the story of such and such?"
Me: "No, it´s more like this happened then that."
"Is it any good, ´cause I´m gonna act in this movie."
Me: "Yeah, I wrote it."
"Oh, right, will you sign it for me then."
"Yeah sure, it will be an honor, OMG."
Don´t ever think Mr. D prepares his movies like this, it seems sooo unlogical.
Why Mr. D? Someone said to me to like to see Mr. D in Tha Hobb It.
Then I had to think of the movie (can´t recall the title) in which several people say:
"OMG, have you been talking to Jim Morrison too in your dream?"
So yeah, my creative input is weird enough, now how to put it to paper.
(Sometimes I dream whole movies, just awake remember only scenes, then impressions).

I was saying I was here again, why?
It started with stubble.... erm, Mr. Giz... on YT... *faints*


Now there is The Beard. *sighs*
I like this in combination with the rough sweater.

But it´s for a good cause, it´s for the movies of The Hobbit, a story for children of all ages. *breathes*
It currently leads to finding pics of Hobbit fans like these... taken in December 2011, in Nelson, NZ.

I think I stick around, then I do get to see and hear things RA didn't have to do,
but sooo show his extra 10%.... commitment...

Warning for breathless moments (!)

The Strike Back Viral

That drop wet Strike Back promo...

The Hobbit trailer
http://on.wb.com/thauj-720-mov

Life lesson: the flesh is weak, but the mind is strong.
Until RA says "he would disappoint" me.
Mr. A, does "you confused me back in the days" count?
I might not always blog Mr. A related,
so who's getting disappointed now?

Yep, life is struggle. That´s what makes a story.
*breathes again*
So why are you here?

Seriously.

Breath mints: RACentral, BBC/Kudos, Project Magazine, Unidentified Blogger

11 comments:

bccmee said...

You make some interesting comparisons here.

Good luck on the scriptwriting contest!

Lucy Darcy said...

Dreaming of talking to Jim Morrison was from Wayne's World Two :-)

Violet said...

Bccmee, thanks and.. erm... thanks!
You'll never know. The movie is devided in segments to send in a script for, so I keep adjusting to the demands as this is learning by doing.

MrsEBDarcy, thanks for reminding me! It was a pretty weird and funny movie.

Anonymous said...

For me it changes, but ultimately in order to figure myself out in hopes of moving onward with my life. This is already starting to happen. I love writing about Richard Armitage; I love Richard Armitage!; but I am starting to see now what his real place in all of this was.

Violet said...

Servetus, that leads back to the fan/reader versus fan/blogger's stance to RA as object versus subject posts. There can be more views than this to the matter and that's personal for each of us, whether one wants to share it in public or not.

The impression he gives me is 'cute acting nurd'. Personally I'm glad he went into acting. X

Anonymous said...

I don't think I said or implied it can't be different for everyone :) I thought you were asking in a general sense. Sorry if I offended.

Violet said...

Servetus, I was asking in a general sense. I appreciate your respond to my post. I look forward to read about you finding your answer or solution to your quest. Is that what you mean by your tag 'heterosexual utopias'?

Anonymous said...

OK, no harm, no foul.

On the whole my experience of heterosexuality (I'm a pretty confirmed heterosexual, I've never been one of those women who's been on the border or anything, and I have the impression that my libido is rather active in comparison to a lot of women, although that is maybe just want people are willing to admit) has not conformed with the picture of heterosexuality that one gets in the media. Which is not very surprising. It's weird to me, though, that knowing what heterosexual sex is really like doesn't stop me from enjoying all the very unrealistic fantasizing about it that goes on in fanfic and elsewhere. This disjunction interests me a lot. It seems like Armitage is a focus for a lot of that, enhanced by the fact that he appears from public view as not to be coupled to anyone. He can be a better focus of a heterosexual utopia because of that, I think. I also find that interesting, as well as the way that he succeeds in generating these fantasies of utopia even from roles he plays where you think that the relationships that those characters would have would be nothing other than dystopic if anyone ever realized them.

As far as looking for a heterosexual utopia myself, not so much. Armitagemania is more about understanding my relationship to work (connected to heterosexual utopias mainly in the sense that before I'm in another relationship again I need to get a handle on my workaholism).

Violet said...

Servetus, thanks for sharing your motivation.

If I can bring it to it's essence:
Hard working woman (so: good girl) fights off this sociological good girl image of herself by having private heterosexual fantasies (so: bad girl) about an actor and his characters of whose image and roles are imposed and controlled by himself, the media (plus production companies and PR agents).
Having fantasies about an assumed single man is alright (so: good girl for giving in to your needs), but neglecting suitors due to workaholism is bad, as there is that sociological/media label that a 'successful' hardworking woman needs to be in a relationship to/or have at least regular steaming sexual experiences (so: bad girl for ignoring your needs).
I hope that sums it up right.

In RA fandom there are married women who are happy in their relationship with their husband, yet have 'innocent' fantasies about this actor and his characters. Which leads to conclude it is possible to have a bit of both.

Anonymous said...

I desire the fantasy of Richard Armitage, and it would be silly to deny that I find him sexually attractive, but for me the reasons for the extended Armitage fantasy are really not about desire nor about what I think successful women should have or seek to have in terms of either relationships or success. It's not an either fantasy or real relationship dilemma for me because the sexual / romantic parts of the fantasy, while pronounced in its expression, are not motivating factors. It's more a fantasy of self that gets projected onto Armitage than a fantasy of love / sex / romance.

Violet said...

Servetus, true, it's not about being a successful woman per se. Nothing wrong with having fantasies. I prefer the RL experience, the instant mysterious attraction - the Axe effect-, the I'm bloody attractive attitude. Hilarious!
Forgot to mention that having no fantasies about RA or his characters is also an option. My favourite!