** "Offbeat hilarious!" ** "RA tingles & laughs" ** "True to the characters! " ** "The fiction is great. Keep it up!" **

Monday, April 23, 2012

Can't Say Anything New

"The Hobbit cast and crew are trying hard to make this film in 3D!"


There is no news. If there is, I can't say it. So quote others. My news is off the record.

News from Me
For the first time in my life I got the question: "How's your film career?" (!). Well, the day after The Hobbit Teaser Trailer got launched online, I found myself on a set again. It's a pilot for a tv series, werein I was an extra. The leads were former musical actors and there was a surprise set visit by an iconic actress, so that was nice. I am awaiting the viewing, although recently received an request to confirm my name for a mention in the end credits (!). Fingers crossed! :)

Got the chance to do a bit part in 'Merchant of Venice' in a special one day co-operation of amateur theatre companies (4 hrs practise, 2hrs rehearsal, 50 actors of 11 companies, devided in 6 teams, one time performance). Fantastic part of that was the coaching by theatre professionals who found our dedication to give our best, very inspiring. Personally I crossed some boundaries, so that was cool.

Since August last year I knocked my from insecurity driven need to be funny all the time at the weekly improv training evenings. Learned to focus more on the input of others and so helping the others look good on stage. This is true the other way around. My input gets picked up best by advanced improv members, so in learning I'm going full circle, constantly.

For the rest, I can't say anything new. Okay, one thing. Battleship movie, mindless thrill, great graphics (esp. chart of the planets at the beginning, me space nerd), toute clichés, free heart massage.

News from Richard
"This is how I relax after filming. I found a gnome who will show it as I'm under contract.
Can I say I groom my beard since block 2?"

News from the Gnomes
"Hanging out at the local 'Weta Shop', then off to '100 Days 'Till Garden Grooming Olympics 2012'."

Just so you know, there is nothing to tell! See?
Okay, I heard some noise at 1:25 -1:36 of someone saying:
"Thus I can't say anything new".
Take it for what it's worth.
100 Days Till London 2012 Olympic Games

The Gnomes were hanging out at www.robspropshop.com
and made a commercial too.

6 comments:

RAFrenzy said...

Love to hear from you any time whether you have news or not, but it sounds like things are going well!

Violet said...

No news is good news, Frenzy!

Suse said...

Great news about your acting and the photos are just hilarious!! They really made me giggle :)

Mersguy said...

ROFL, Love the Yoga gnome ☺ Keep us posted on how the acting gig goes ♥

Violet said...

Oh, thanks Suse and Mersguy!
My blip of an acting gig, if I'll be at the viewing I will be happy. Hoping for a dvd copy of course.

Glad you like the gnomes!
I suppose there is one dwarf out there that will not like the comparison! I've been pushed forward to promote the gnomes' promotional pictures, as I'm under contract....

Violet said...

There was this picture of the Yoga Gnome so I had to use it.

In December 2012 or early 2013, in The Hobbit part one promotion interviews RA mentioned that to deal with the heat of the fat suit, he did Bikram Yoga, where one does Yoga in a heated room.